Who we are:
Clevenard Booking & Tourism Services is a marketing company that focuses on marketing adventures globally. We are working to become the world’s leading independent online booking and information distribution platform, powering the tourism, cultural, hospitality, educational, leisure, businesses, agencies, and travel industries.
How does our service work?
We make it easy for you to compare Bookings from many hotels, property owners and other Service Providers. When you make a Booking on our Platform, you enter into a contract with the Service Provider (unless otherwise stated).
The information on our Platform is based on what Service Providers tell us.
Who do we work with?
Only Service Providers that have a contractual relationship with us will be displayed on our Platform. They may offer Travel Experiences outside our Platform as well (so what they offer on our Platform may not be exhaustive).
We don’t own any Accommodations ourselves – we’re separate companies that have agreed to work with each other in a certain way.
Our Platform tells you how many Accommodations you can book through us worldwide – and our search results page tells you how many of them might be right for you, based on what you’ve told us.
How do we make money?
We don’t buy or (re-)sell any products or services. Once your stay is finished, the Service Provider simply pays us a commission.
The rates displayed on our Platform are set by the Service Providers. We may finance rewards or other benefits out of our own pocket.
When you make a Booking, you agree to pay the cost of the Travel Experience itself and any other charges and taxes that may apply (e.g. for any extras). Taxes and fees may vary for different reasons, such as the Service Provider’s location, the kind of room selected and the number of guests. The price description tells you whether any taxes and charges are included or excluded. You’ll be able to find more information about the price while you’re booking.
Our Platform provides descriptions of any equipment and facilities that Service Providers offer (based on what they tell us). It also tells you how much extra they’ll cost, if anything.
There are ways you might pay for your Booking:
- The Service Provider charges you at the Accommodation.
- The Service Provider charges you in advance.
- We organise your payment to the Service Provider in advance.
If you cancel a Booking or don’t show up, any cancellation/no-show fee and any refund will depend on the Service Provider’s cancellation/no-show policy.
We ask Service Providers, wherever they are in the world, to tell us if they’re acting as a ‘private host’ or as a ‘professional host’, as defined by EU law.
This label has no relevance in terms of tax, including VAT and other ‘indirect taxes’ that relate to added value, sales or consumption.
EU consumer law says we have to tell you this. So if you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or the United Kingdom, you might see that some Accommodations in our search results have a ‘managed by a private host’ label, and a description of what that means. All other Accommodations, to the best of our knowledge, are managed by ‘professional hosts’.
Star ratings, review scores and quality ratings
We don’t assign star ratings. Depending on local regulations, they’re assigned (a) by the Service Providers themselves or (b) by independent third parties (e.g. organisations that rate hotels). Either way, star ratings show you how Accommodations measure up in terms of – amongst others – value, facilities and available services. We don’t impose our own standards for star ratings, and we don’t review these star ratings, but if we become aware that a star rating is inaccurate, we’ll ask the Service Provider to either prove they deserve it… or adjust it!
Help and advice – if the unexpected happens
If you have any questions, or something doesn’t go according to plan, just contact us. You can do this by accessing your Booking, or through our app, or through our Help Centre where you’ll also find some useful FAQs). We handle complaints as soon as possible, treating the most urgent ones as the highest priority, and we resolve 65% of complaints within 24 hours – and 85% within 14 working days.
You can help us help you as quickly as possible – by providing:
- your Booking confirmation number, your PIN code, your contact details, and the email address you used when you booked your stay
- a summary of the situation you need assistance with, including how you’d like us to help you
- any supporting documents (bank statement, photos, receipts, etc.).
Whatever the issue, we will try to assist you (which includes handling any request or complaint), and will do what we can to help you.
- What happens if a Booking is mispriced? Sometimes (very rarely), you might see an incorrect price on our Platform. If that happens, and if you make your Booking before we correct the mistake, the Accommodation is obliged to contact you as soon as possible (and in any case, a reasonable time before check-in). Plus, if you need us to step in, we’ll do our very best to negotiate an agreement that you’re both happy with.
- Do we ever remove Service Providers from our Platform altogether? Of course. We can do that if we find out that they’ve breached their contractual obligations, for example, or that they’ve provided an inaccurate description of their Accommodation (and failed to correct it when we asked them to).
Once your Booking is confirmed, your Service Provider is required to honour it. If the Service Provider is ‘overbooked’, they’re responsible for finding a solution as soon as possible – but we provide them with guidelines, as well as practical help.
In the unlikely event that they can’t give you the option you booked and they can’t offer you a suitable alternative, you can either choose alternative accommodation of a similar category or better on our Platform that costs the same (if available), or cancel your Booking at no cost (with a refund of anything you’ve paid).
When it comes to refunds…
- If your Service Provider had organised your payment, we’ll do everything we can to make sure they refund you as soon as possible.
- If we had organised your payment, we’ll refund you ourselves. In 90% of cases, the money should be in your account within 5 working days of the time when:
- your original Booking is cancelled, or
- we verify the invoice you send us (to show that you stayed somewhere else, which was more expensive).
In any case, if you stay at an alternative Accommodation, please send us your invoice so we can process any refund you’re owed.